The following steps will help to fix this error:
- Close any opened Microsoft Outlook window.
- Reopen Outlook.
- Open a few more windows, so you have admittance to all.
- Ensure everything has gotten upgraded to the updated versions.
- If not, then update to the recent edition of Office 365.
Hopefully, you will have fixed the email error by following these steps carefully.
Using only one account to access Microsoft Outlook
Do you happen to have many Microsoft accounts that you manage? If you do, it can cause a problem in the SMPT server, which will cause you to get the email error when you open Outlook. That might frighten you, but as they say, truth is bitter. You should try using only one account on Microsoft Outlook. However, if you happen to use multiple accounts, which caused this error, we have you covered.
The below steps will help get rid of the error
- Firstly, log out of all accounts, which you had on for Outlook.
- Secondly, close and clear any programs that you have open.
- Then reopen and log in to one account.
- This process will make Microsoft Outlook refresh.
- You will be able to log in to one out without having to face that error again.
Using Auto Repair Tool
If you did the two steps we mentioned above and you still happen to face the email error, then you can try this step. In this step, you will be using the auto repair tool.
- Open Outlook and click ‘File,’ then ‘Account Settings.’
- Once you open the account setting, choose the account in which you face this error and click on Repair.
- Proceed by clicking on Repair work.
- Finally, follow the instructions you get on your screen, and hopefully, you will not face the email error anymore.
This can work for these error codes